Welcome to Valley Park Community Nursery and Primary School.
I'm Lauren Johnstone, the very proud headteacher of this fantastic school.
We are a 2-11 school with approximately 450 pupils, serving a fantastic community in the south of Sheffield. We are lucky enough to be a part of the Mercia Learning Trust who pledge to follow the following six principles:
- Moral Purpose - We exist to inspire pupils to realise their full potential and to lead happy, healthy and fulfilled lives.
- Expectations - We have exceptionally high expectations of everyone and pursue excellence.
- Relentless focus on learning - Helping every pupil learn successfully is the most important thing we do. We prioritise our time, energy and resources to ensure our curriculum and the environment for learning is exceptional.
- Culture - We demand consistency, kindness, tolerance and respect in all relationships; and that every member of staff goes above and beyond to achieve pupil success.
- Impressive staff - We are committed to recruiting, developing and retaining them, and helping them secure a healthy work-life balance.
- Alignment - We believe partnership brings profound benefit to each school, and that we are stronger together.
At Valley Park Community Primary School, each classroom is led by caring, passionate and talented professionals who care deeply about the wellbeing and growth of every child in their care. We celebrate the uniqueness of our children and support them to thrive in confidence and flourish in individuality. We are extremely proud of our knowledge rich curriculum which has been created by the talented staff team to suit the needs of our Valley Park community. It allows children to be intelligent talkers, insatiable readers and impeccably behaved inclusive citizens. Children spend their days developing new language and exploring and engaging in new experiences through awe and wonder. Every subject area of the curriculum is meticulously planned and sequenced by highly experienced teachers who put the children at the centre of every decision they make. This exclusive curriculum paired with the passion to create happy, healthy individuals means that Valley Park children are equipped with the knowledge, skills and confidence that they need not only to succeed in their education but to thrive throughout their adult life.
Visiting our fantastic school is an absolute must and you can do this by simply contacting our friendly staff in the school office on 0114 2396464.
“Every child deserves a champion – an adult who will never give up on them, who understands the power of connections and insists that they become the best that they can possibly be.” Rita Pierson